Wednesday, July 14, 2010

So here's what I've been up to:

1) Planning a wedding! Just kidding, Jeremy did propose to me yesterday but he was high as a kite because he was coming off of anesthetics at the doctor's office. He had to have a colonoscopy (good news: they didn't find anything like colitis or cancer bad news: they didn't find anything at all so they don't really know what's causing his digestive issues). Here are some of the awesome things he said whilst under the influence:

J: I love you, my little chickadee (no, he doesn't normally call me that). You're so nice. You're so sweet. Will you marry me?
Me: Yes. What date?
J: Now.
Me: You didn't give me a ring.
J: *shows me a loop in his IV* here! I'll get you a better one later
Me: Thanks!
J: We're going to get married in Japan.
Me: Cool.
J: Kyoto. We're going to wear Japanese outfits.
Me: Awesome!

J: Where am I?
Me: The colonoscopy place.
J: When are they going to do it?
Me: They already did it.
J: No they didn't.
Me: The doctor told me they did.
J: I don't trust that doctor. He had an evil look about him.
Me: Really?
J: He cut me open with a light saber. I'm like humpty dumpty.... all my eggs fell out!

J: Darth Vader hates the gremlins like I do, but I don't trust him. Harrison Ford is on Darth Vader's side now too. He said, "Here's looking at you, kid!"
Me: Harrison Ford doesn't say that, Bogart says it in Casablanca
J: Nooo.... Bogey stole it from Harrison Ford
Me: Harrison Ford wasn't even born yet...
J: Noooo!!

J: The gremlins are trying to steal my blanket
Me: You keep kicking it off yourself
J: *pointing at my wallet chain* They're going to steal that too
Me: What would gremlins even do with a wallet chain?
J: They'll sell it to ghosts.
Me: What would ghosts do with a wallet chain?
J: They rattle it, to scare people, like with other chains

Me: The nurses said to sit up
J: I can't sit up, the gremlins will steal my soul
Me: I'll protect your soul
J: They'll steal your soul too. They have a machine, they'll suck it right out of your nose. *gestures at his nose and makes a slurping noise*

J: Where am I?
Me: The colonoscopy place
J: When are they going to do it?
Me: They already did it
J: No, they still have to do it. The gremlins are going to steal my soul out of my butt.

J: I'm superman and I'm in the hospital for kryptonite poisoning
Me: Oh?
J: Where is the justice league? I need them to fight crime. Oh nevermind, they're a bunch of lame-asses, they never do anything.
Me: Like aquaman?
J: Where's catwoman?
Me: She's not even part of the Justice League
J: She is now, but I don't trust her. Call Spiderman! Call spidey on the spidey phone!

J: What is that? *points to the plastic bag full of his street clothes*
Me: Your clothes
J: No it's not, only a lame-ass would wear that bullshit. I wear a cape! And sunglasses (starts describing the outfit of a guy from an anime he likes, Gurren Lagann).
Me: It's jeans, and your shoes...
J: No one wears jeans!
Me: Everyone wears jeans, except for like, me
J: I drive a mecha!

J: This is the best apple juice ever!
Me: I'm glad!
J: Write down the company name! I want to write them a letter telling them how awesome they are!

J: This pizza is like everything good in the world is in my mouth

2) Applying the fuck out of job postings. Does anyone have anywhere they think I'd fit in? I'd apply. Though.... it is relatively non rewarding looking at wanted ads in the paper. So lately it's mostly been jobs at ISU or my current employer I've applied for. So, I have an interview with my current employer for a position I've been trying to get for like two years now. Strictly lateral... I should fucking have it by now, but whatever. I've really been trying over there and have even sort of "played the game," by networking. So we'll see.

As for ISU, I guess they're on a hiring spree because it's the beginning or end of their fiscal year or something. I've applied for 5 jobs there the last month. The first, I got an interview (yay, first time I've gotten an interview with ISU in all the times I've applied there), but didn't get the job. I've got 4 more to go... (dunno if I would get an interview or not, a couple of them have been progressing slower than the first one).

0 comments: