Wednesday, July 07, 2010

So... today I talked to someone, and they said the Chipmunk version of Zombie was bunk, someone probably just chipmunkized the orig. song on their own and posted it as from the motion picture. I should've known better. Internet, why would I trust you?

Speaking of music, I've been listening to Pandora a lot lately. I think I've finally gotten my main station, "Randomness" to the point where it plays things I mostly approve of.... it takes awhile to add everything and weed everything out. It still isn't perfect (but what is?) esp. since it really focuses on certain things, esp. if they are more popular. You click "like" on one motherfucking Beatles or Coldplay song, you get ALL of them. Annoying because there are a LOT of Beatles songs on Pandora. And I only like two or three Coldplay songs, max. Plus, the thing has a fuckload of live songs, or ones that are also included on the band's greatest hits or something, so if you click like on a band or song, you might get several versions of it over and over. And it will play the more popular songs off an album a bunch of times but none of the others.

Gah it sounds like a complaint. But I like it. Esp. since I probably confuse the poor thing, my main station is pretty much EVERYTHING I like, not everything from a certain type. So it swings from oldies to emo to indie, to popular 90's/early 00's songs, and everything in between.

Okay, well, nothing in between, those are probably the only four categories of music I like, when I think about it. Still, can be somewhat contradictory.

My 4th of July was okay. I had to work but we did pot luck and so I had some good food, and the phones were slower than usual. They gave me the day after off, and I had dinner with my dad, his gf, and Jeremy. It was cool.

Of course, I was pretty sore through all of this because the Saturday before, Jeremy & I went swimming and I overdid it. It sucks... the older you get the easier it is to fuck up your body. I can't wait until I'm 50 and do one backstroke and kill myself. Of course, what I should do is just stay in shape but that seems like too much work. But the swimming itself was great, since I didn't get sore till later.

Let's see, what else have I done lately? I'm so bad at keeping up my blog these days.... back when I blogged all the time I wondered why other people didn't remember to do it every day, but then I got a life and it became harder to remember. Plus my ass hurts so much from the chairs at work I hate sitting at my computer to type.

Well, Ryan & Brooke visited in June. When I picked them up in Chicago we toured the city. First, we went to this mexican place called Xoco. I wasn't sure why they ate so much Mexican when they visited (esp. from random chain restaurants like Chevy's and Chipotle), given that they're from AZ, but whatever. Xoco was awesome. They had Jamaica with lemongrass (mmmmm) and awesome churros--might I add it was my first churro?

We went to Navy Pier and saw the Shanghai circus. They were awesome, though I decided to be dickish and whisper "I want my money back," to Ryan every time someone fell or dropped something. But it was rare--all in all they rocked.

Then we went to a hot dog place for an "authentic chicago dog." What we hadn't expected was an "authentic naked bike marathon" right outside the door. As someone observed, "dinner AND a show," for us.

Then we did a lot of chillin' that week, watching TV (invader Zim, yay!) other random things on netflix, playing games (despite Ryan being a lame-ass!). But we did go to a U pick strawberry place, and to matthiesen park.

And we ate well, we went to a variety of restaurants and I cooked meatloaf, pork chops, turkey roast, potatoes, and Jeremy cooked noodles & his famous chicken parm & spaghetti.

0 comments: