Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Well:

I've got my job at Toastmasters back whoo whoo. Though, they actually lectured me enough beforehand that I was really tempted to tell them to shove it.

Seriously: long, long talk on how important it is to take everything about Toastmaster's seriously, and what a responsibility it is, blah blah blah.

Fuck you, I'm not a child. You don't have to make me understand how important it is to wipe my ass after I shit.

I wasn't appointed to the UN.

I'm not Spiderman, and my lapse in judgement didn't coincidently kill Uncle Ben. I don't have great power, there isn't great responsibility.

I'm not getting paid.

My job is not rocket surgery.

No one will die.

The oceans won't boil into space, the mountains will not crumble.

Your organization isn't as fucking important as you think it is.

It's a fun hobby. It's a great way to develop leadership and speaking skills. It's a great way to meet people. You earn little initials you can put after your name that look good to employers. A degree of professionalism should be required, yes. But it is not the alpha and omega of my life, and I really don't think it should be either.

I dunno.... even though the Prez was mad at me, and did want to give me the same consequences as the others, I admire her more and more for the fact that she didn't treat me like a child as the others did. She was like (ok I'm paraphrasing, but still) look, you fucked up, this is why you shouldn't fuck up, here are the consequences. Whereas the others, as I said, feel the need to rhapsodize at length on what a disservice I did to the club and the organization and how important my role is and how ignorant I am about the importance of toastmasters to let them down this way I am and how they hope I take this second chance seriously and blahdy blahdy blahdy bullshit.

Well joke's on them, I WON'T take it seriously. I still put a LOT of things in my life way before Toastmasters. Oh, I'm not saying I won't do an excellent job, because I will, because, as I've said before, IT'S NOT BRAIN SCIENCE.

Oh, and you know why the decision was repealed? Like 30% of the division didn't get trained. HA! I'm not the only one, motherfuckers!

0 comments: