Saturday, August 01, 2009

So I had a weirdly great conversation with someone who works in a different department. I'm going to apply for a job in that dept, and my supervisor has been encouraging me to consult with other people working in the dept. so that I have "done my homework" so to speak in researching the opening. Usually I either go with someone she knows or just randomly look up someone in the dept. that works under the supervisor I am interviewing with. But this time I actually had the option of going with someone I know--the person they chose over me the last time I interviewed.

Her and I had actually not known each other that well at the time, haven't talked since, but I felt like she would remember me because we actually had this one sort of defining conversation not too long before she left. I had been to this BS "group interview" for a different position. I was crying on the way out, and this was a year ago when I had everything horrible happening to me. I'm doing my best to get out of the building so I can go and cry in private, but of course--on the way out I see someone else from my department. I try to avoid her, but she stops me and we talk. It actually was a good talk. She had had a family member die recently, and had been trying to get out of the CRC for several years, so she really knew a lot of the stuff I was going through.

So she did remember me, and gave me a lot of good information for the job. But we also just talked a lot about the CRC, and my mom/her family member again, and a lot of just random things. The call actually ended because the phone got cut off--I might've called her back to say goodbye, but I reeeeally had to pee and 007 needed to be fed. It makes me want the job even more, because now I feel like I already would have a friend in the dept. I'm going to. I guess I'll see how that goes though.

In other news: 007 is the cutest thing in the world. Today he was hopping around behind this cardboard box. I couldn't see him, except when he hopped, just his little fat butt would come up. I laughed, and it would startle him and he'd stick his cute little ears and beady little eyes up above the cardboard to see what the noise was. Then he'd go back to hopping. Eventually I wouldn't be able to help myself laughing again, and the cycle was then repeated several times. A-freaking-dorable.

0 comments: