Saturday, July 25, 2009

I ask you: is there anything on earth more delicious than a perfectly ripe peach?

But it was a rhetorical question, because if you say it isn't I will hurt you. Because there's nothing! Nothing!

Well... technically: I think the reason I enjoy a good peach so much is because it's so rare. Peaches at the grocery store suck, I'd rather have canned even. I only find good peaches like once a year, if that, so they're good + they're special so that makes them more good. If I could get them any time I want, I'd probably not care.

ANYWAY, this is obviously the prelude to telling you I got my hands on some good peaches (wink wink). I don't know how, but my dad found a deal on some good Georgia peaches. He emailed me first, saying he wasn't sure if he should get them, because there's like a half-bushel minimum, which is quite a lot of peaches. HA! I could eat a half bushel myself, much less splitting it three ways (him, me, my sister). I mean, it IS a lot of peaches. But like I said--a good peach is like crack to me. Only if I was like a crack addict and crack only existed once a year. So anyway I've only had 1 so far today, but I inhaled like 3 yesterday in one sitting. Yay, peaches!

In other news, I ditched the toastmasters thing, and I feel good about it. I won't feel good about it when I have to talk to them, but seriously, F them if they think I'm going to spend my Saturday driving around 5 hours for no good reason.

And thanks to that, I've gotten a LOT done today. My house needed cleaning very much, and with what I've done so far, I've managed to make it look like a regular person lives here, not some sort of un potty trained Rabbit/hobo combination. I feel good about that. I have some more cleaning left, but I cleaned the floors which had rabbit poop/litter all over them, and other objects that only really produced clutter but made it difficult to get to the rabbit poop/litter. Now all I really have to do is clean up some other clutter on tables etc.

007 is doing great. I thought trying to give him the pain killer medication would be a huge problem like holding him down and forcing it in, but they must've put something tasty in it because I can hold it out and give it to him, no coercion. He is active and eating, which are both good signs. I'm sort of tempted not to go to the vet follow up a week from now, because it's basically $70 more and a trip to Champaign just for them to be like, "yep, you're right, he's doing fine." I mean, I'm going to monitor the incision and his behavior and all, but I feel like I can gauge this particular situation on my own.

0 comments: