Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yesterday I got to see my grandpa and his woman. The only bad part is they were only passing through town for a few hours so I didn't get to see them very long. But it was good. I also hung out with my sister's family after that. The 'Phew was in a good mood, so we had fun. 'Phew two, as always, was in a bad mood.

After that I went grocery shopping. The thing is, I really need food, but whenever I go to the grocery store lately nothing really sounds good. So I spent like an hour or more, and sixty bucks on junk (various sugary drinks) and treats for 007. I got like one actual food item, bread.

Also, I meant to blog about this earlier, but RJ was in town and we hung out a little while. I find it gratifying that even after all this time, he keeps in touch, though so many other people don't. I have to admit--I'm also kind of jealous of him. He's not getting rich or anything, but he's actually making a living in Chicago doing what I love, videography. Whenever I talk to him, he always tries to convince me to move to Chicago too, but I don't think I'd be successful as he is. For one, he has access to all sorts of expensive video equipment I don't (I think through his dad but I could be wrong) so he can do a lot of free lance work. For two, he doesn't NEED to have health insurance like I do, so can do a lot of free lance work. For three, he didn't move up there when the economy was in the toilet like it is now. For four, he's not a total wuss like I am.

Anyway, we did have fun. I met a couple more of his friends, including a lady who wears a cape when she rides her bike and made an awesome dramatic soundtrack for the conversation we had where he was trying to persuade me to go to Chi town. I also got along quite well with his other friend, who works in the used bookstore downtown. Oh, I'm sorry uptown. Which, by the way, is a pain in my ass. It was almost impossible to get to the coffee house (where we ate lunch) because of all the construction. I did, however, get to re-enact "crane wars" from UCB in my mind.

0 comments: