Thursday, June 11, 2009

Crazy dream:

The main thing that tied it all together was bees. My dad decided to buy a bee hive and raise bees. He didn't really care about gathering honey or wax or anything, he was doing it to help save the bees that are dying out. I thought he was full of it, because I've heard even the people who own bees have been having them die out. He apparently got the idea from this neighbor of his who took like 8 hours to explain to me why there is a difference between owning bees for profit and owning bees to help them but the conservative media just wouldn't tell anyone. Plus, he had a fake leg that was way skinnier than his real leg that he took off mid-conversation.

So we went to the grocery store to buy bees. At this grocery store, not only do they sell bees, but they sell "bumpy water bunnies," which were rabbits that were water dwelling, kind of like otters or seals. And yes, they were bumpy. They were cute in a kind of bulldog way, so ugly they were cute.

Then, later in the dream it was Father's day. And for some reason my dad got me a gift. Which was...... bee cookies. Apparently, bee cookies are things humans make so that they can put them in the yard and watch bees come to eat them. I thought it would be like flowers you could plant for bees, but nope, they were cookies. Though they were more like wafers. The package again had an angry reference to the conservatives, who placed restrictions on the sort of packaging bee cookies can be sold in. Anyway I was mad and started eating the bee cookies myself. They weren't that great but kind of vaguely sweet and bland otherwise.

The only other thing about this dream, not really part of the main bee narrative, was that my dad's basement was crazy. Like there was a room entirely dedicated to the movie 300 (done by another neighbor), Friday the 13th (done by a guy who worked at Borders with me) and another one I had done but I don't remember what the movie was. Also, he had a bajillion animals in the basement. Rabbits (I guess I have them on the brain), dogs, etc. But then also weird things like giant rabbits, giant ferrets, messed up looking dogs. I dunno, not as awesome as bee cookies.

0 comments: