Monday, April 27, 2009

So today at work Sally made some cat ears to put on her headphones (the ones we have to wear to take calls). It was awesome and I got her to make some to put on mine too. I kept singing, "Cat, I'm a kitty cat! And I dance dance dance, and I dance dance dance." I wanted to say my favorite line, "I say sexy things to myself while I'm daaaaaaaancin," but I was afraid I'd get the looks I got a few days ago when I was shaking my desk to put ripples in my mug of tea and told everyone I was trying to recreate a scene from Jurassic Park. Good times.

The day didn't start out so awesome, though. Woken up at 8 with a call about a pending auto claim. In Phoemeister time, that's like 6. Basically if I didn't call them back (yeah, I didn't answer) by the end of the day they'd just go ahead and pay the other dude. Which is what I wanted them to do so I don't know why they had to call me about it. Esp. since my Dad's the one with his name on the insurance, not me. But I guess I could've disputed that the accident hadn't happened or something. Not sure how, since I struck the dude's parked car on multiple occasions, so I'm 90% sure I DID make the tiny scratch that somehow took $350 bucks to fix ($8 worth of materials, the rest is padding put in by the repair shop, I'm not exaggerating, I saw the estimate). What I really wish is that I could've given the dude $50 to do it himself, but he insisted on going through insurance and I'm not sure if all repair shops are just insanely expensive no matter what or if he picked the most expensive shop he could find just to spite me.

Then, even though I couldn't fall back asleep, I laid down for awhile.... and got a huge headache from the motherfucking loudest mower on earth... I mean, I live on a street full of apartment/condo complexes, and they all have some loud-ass huge industrial mower to mow their one little strip of lawn, but this guy seemed louder than usual and seemed to take forever.

Then... uh, I looked and I actually blogged the other stuff about my day already. True story.

0 comments: