Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Annoying things:

--Today I called my eye doctor to pay for my contacts. It took 10 minutes and a transfer to 3 different depts. And then it was like $200 even after my insurance. Considering I thought this was going to be more like $30....

--A weekly project I enjoy doing at work might be taken away from me due to other people's arbitrary new rules and the incompetence of people who do the step before I do.

--Everyone's moving away again, it seems. Deanna & Pat might be moving (which I knew, as she has mentioned it on her blog) and apparently Julie & Lothar might be moving to GA, which I had no idea. I feel like kind of a dick, I haven't been keeping in touch with Julie a ton lately because I sleep all day due to the Paxil and she is obviously busy with wedding stuff, but I feel like I should know something big like that. I mean, I knew Lothar had to find a new job but I didn't know they were likely moving almost as far away as possible in this country, or even out of this town. I'm glad that she's selected me as a bridesmaid, and I'm working on a bitchin' wedding or bridal shower or bachelorette party gift for her right now that I know she'll love, but on the other hand I have to wonder why she picked me. I was the last to know she was dating him, the last to know she got engaged, and now the last to know that she's moving.

--Julia Roberts' face is wrong. Like, it's always been a weird looking face, but I have to wonder if she got really bad plastic surgery or something. My dad and I watched Duplicity today (medium goodness) and it's like she no longer has the vertical groove on her upper lip (called the philtrum click here for a disturbing illustration of a baby where the philtrum is pointed out) is gone, so her upper lip looks like an upside down lower lip. It's disturbing. I've heard fetal alcohol syndrome (her face IS freakishly flat too) can cause that, so maybe her mom drank when she was pregnant.

Good things:

--I hung out with a lady from work yesterday. Well a lady married to a dude I work with. I know her from our toastmaster meetings. I really like her, we sit together at most of the meetings. She's wheelchair/crutch bound and doesn't get out much, I guess, and suffers from depression like I do. Her and I were talking about hanging out sometime, but I never got around to it because I kept sleeping too much. Anyway, I finally managed to wake up early enough to do it and it was a good time. We played some card games I brought over (Monopoly Deal, Lost Cities). I find them interesting enough to hold my attention but yet simple enough that they're easy to explain (my parents are about her age and couldn't understand/didn't like Fluxx at all so I was afraid it would be hard to explain something complicated to her. I kind of wanted to bring Caesar & Cleopatra too, but it has cards mentioning "orgy," and she's pretty devout Christian). So we played for awhile and talked for awhile and it was good. She told me about a speech she was going to give at toastmasters that night and she didn't think she speaks very well, and I told her she was wrong. Then she was very awesome and won best speaker! It was good.

--I hung out with my dad today. I got some strawberries the other day (dunno if they still are, but they were on sale three containers for $5.00) and my dad loves strawberries, so I brought him some. We also had some frozen pizza, and saw the aforementioned movie.

--this is due to arrive at my house on Fri, Josh and I went halfsies on it. We like Carcassone: The Castle which is sort of a smaller two player version and we decided if we were going to get the real thing it would be cheaper to get everything at once. I can't wait! I mean, I hear a couple of the expansions are lame, but the game plus the two definitely good expansions actually cost more than all this in one.

--I talked to Josh today! He saw asian hipster lesbians at a white trash pizza buffet! I told him I can never eat alone at a restaurant because of the one time I tried it at Pizza Hut and the servers reacted surprised, then pitying when hearing I was eating alone and then saw a guy I had a crush on on the way out who did the same.

0 comments: