Saturday, October 18, 2008

So I got my second obscene call ever tonight. The first one was someone calling and instantly getting into the pervy stuff, whereupon I hung up on him. This guy actually conducted business, and then randomly at the end tacked on, "You sound like you have a good mouth. I bet you you would be great at sucking my dick."

You know, with the last one I tried to make fun of it. I try to be a tough "nothing gets to me," sort of person about this sort of thing. But seriously--not cool. I know this guy doesn't know me and could never find me, but it's creepy as fucking hell. Cause you get to thinking: if this person is fucked up enough to SAY that sort of thing to a person, couldn't he be fucked up enough to be a rapist, or worse? And it gets you to thinking that even if he can't find you, there have to be others like him, and then you're creeped out about rapists and serial killers at every turn. And yeah--thankfully he didn't use the word in reference to me, but he did use the word "rape," during the course of the call, i.e. "I'm going to rape your company for all it's worth." People are horrible, horrible, horrible.

In not horrible news, here is some pumpkin action. I am torn as to whether or not mine (the Joker) is the best. Like... some of our stuff looks really cruddy up close compared to other people's stuff, but on the other hand you could tell we didn't take shortcuts like other people (they pasted on pictures of faces, used little cars and trucks, etc, whereas we made the faces and cars and houses ourselves). Still... there are probably some similar to ours that are better, we had to take some shortcuts at the end (such as that weird bright purple arm), and less of our team really cared than some of the other teams. But overall, I'm proud of our work. As you can probably tell, I did the sign. I also did the torso. I helped out with a lot of other stuff. I particularly like the bat signal as well. It was my idea, but Jared executed it a helluva lot better than I would've.

Oh and this makes more sense when you realize they pushed us to have them be somewhat work related and have our company's logo somewhere on there, and randomly include a toy they gave us (ours is a phone). It bums me out because I think there was more creativity last year, but this year a lot of them are stupid work-related things. I DO love the hamburger helper's reference to the intersections campaign, though. It is brilliant. (though, to date, my favorite mocking of that is my own saying, "Where jerking off meets your downstairs window... yeah, I'm there.") These aren't all of them, just the best ones.

Anyway, here are the pumpkins:















Close ups of joker:









0 comments: