Wednesday, September 03, 2008

well

Today has been pretty good.

Its my first day in some time that I haven't had to go do something with my dad. Not to down him, I understand he's under some stress & pain of his own, but I tire of the constant emails trying to get me to take my mom's shoes (her & I had the same shoe size, but I actually wear shoes much larger than my size because my feet are freakishly wide) or this or that.

I slept till 2 pm, which I really did not mean to do and will probably fuck me up when I try to get to sleep tonight, but felt good.

I cleaned a ton, which I needed a ton. To be honest, any given day that I work I probably have enough time to clean about as much as I did today. But I never feel like cleaning on a work day. I'm a terrible procrastinator, but I've realized that I don't necessarily put things off till the last minute, I put them off until I feel like doing them, which is unfortunately not as often as I should do them. I still have to do my laundry (I clean only the bare minimum of what I need and then clean it over and over again while the rest of my stuff sits in baskets or all over the floor getting wrinklier and wrinklier) which due to my lack of will is a terrible mess, but at least the main part of this place (living room + kitchen) is presentable again.

Though, given my recent penchant for cooking/baking, the kitchen never stays nice long. Speaking of which, I made turkey tonight! Not a whole one, like a frozen breast or something, but it turned out tasty. The gravy turned out sort of too watery and too salty, and definitely not as strongly turkey-y as my mom's. I dunno if I'm going to eat it or not. I froze about half of the turkey to eat some other time, and ate all the outside bits from the side I didn't freeze (had all the seasonings, I put this Emeril Lagasse-endorsed stuff on the outsides). Then I kind of ripped off that thing Julie does where she pulls all the chicken apart, puts barbecue sauce on it, and puts it into burritos with cheese or whatever else one would prefer (tonight I put some refried beans in there). Delicious!

So I have to do dishes all over again.... but I have a dishwasher. Thank jeebus.

Now I'm trying to make myself do the laundry or organize the MP3's some people have donated, but I doubt it'll get done. Partly because I do have a really bad headache. I actually have a really bad headache nearly every day, but lately I'm trying to not take advil unless I'm at work or something where I'll go insane if I don't get headache relief. Basically because I think it's bad that I take advil every day. Partly because I'm lazy and don't feel like it anymore.

0 comments: