Monday, September 01, 2008

Well...

I decided to bite the bullet and... well... take the bullet (har har har). If I hate it I have it on good authority I can trade it for $60 bucks worth of crap at Bed, Bath, & Beyond. My main concern is that though they say it's smaller than a blender, it really actually takes up the same amount of space as a blender, and then has 80 other fucking things that are like the top part of a blender that I'll have to find space for.

Now I think technically I do have a little space in my cupboards still, but it just seems useless to clog it up with random shit just because I can. Especially since my dad's latest thing sounds like I'm going to be getting a lot of cheap-ass tupperware knock-offs soon that I'm going to have to find space for. (I might just chuck that or chuck the cheap ass tupperware knock-offs I've already got). The annoying fucking thing about having too much of this stuff is trying to find a lid that matches a container before you can store anything. I already go hulk smash with anger most of the time attempting this feat, then give up and use a plastic bag. Adding more shapes and sizes is a recipe for badness....

So I did hang out with the fam on Sat and it was slightly better than the time before. But I think tomorrow when I go to my Dad's house it's going to be tupperware time (and hence-annoying).

Before that I hung out with Josh. I wish we could've hung out longer but he had work and I had the aforementioned family togetherness. We both have been having crazy work schedules lately (him--insane boss, me--hurricane season. My sched is not so crazy, just less flexible than usual). So some of my plans seem to be going astray (we were going to make real mashed potatoes together like we did at thanksgiving). But the nice thing about hanging with Josh is that I can have a lot of fun just watching TV or doing nothing in particular too.

Lastly, but not leastly, I made some Pumpkin Scones which were alright but not fantastic like I thought they would be. Like, I think I did it right, but it's just not as flavorful of a recipe as I was hoping for. Plus I'm pretty sure I gained a ton of weight eating the entire stick of butter in there.

0 comments: