Friday, August 29, 2008

Well....

Is there any reason on god's green earth I should want a Magic Bullet as opposed to a blender and/or food processor? Cause I already have a blender and if I wanted it, I could probably have mom's food processor as well.

Anyway, I guess my mom bought a magic bullet (am I weird for thinking of the Kennedy assasination like, EVERY time I read the name of this thing?) shortly before she got sick, so this thing is basically like brand new, and my dad wants to know if I want it. Mom did have the occaisional penchant for buying a strange kitchen gadget, which she usually didn't end up using. But the bizarre thing is--most of the things she's gotten in the past at least seem cool, or like they would be cool if they worked. Whereas... I look at this thing and go, "It's a blender. I already have a blender. What is the difference?" Honestly, has anyone seen the infomercial, or read the description on the link and see any benefit whatsoever from this thing over a blender?

I dunno. Maybe I should still take it even if it is poopy... The blender I do have is kind of an old ghetto one which I recieved from, weirdly enough, the antichrist,* who didn't want it anymore. But it seems annoying to have to keep all the stupid attachments & different cups for it all over. Whereas a blender is a blender.

For that matter--what is the difference between a blender and a food processor, exactly? I've never been 100% clear on that.

___
* My ex-boss. Honestly, this random act of kindness (i.e. giving me a blender that actually works semi-alright most of the time) from someone who hated me so much always puzzles me whenever I blend. I often wonder if it was supposed to electrocute me or something and failed in its mission.

1 comments:

Terrace said...

reviews on that thing says it's good, does what it says it will but they only complained about the price... it has the power of a large blender but is smaller so why not?