Friday, July 20, 2007

even if I come back, even if I die

Condo

Pro:

-a LOT more space
-a washer
-a dryer
-close to work
-a dishwasher (this counts as two or three positive marks all on its own)
-a LOT more storage
-might actually end up cheaper for me, as I would only have to pay upkeep
-no more creepy model train guy
-better neighborhood

Con:

-more to clean
-I won't be able to move as easily if I want to
-the walls are off white (I hate white places), and the tile and carpet etc. kind of matches, so it would be difficult to paint it something else
-it's so nice that all my furniture/posters/decorations (origami/snowflakes) I have now would look shitty in comparison
-I might actually not be able to keep my awesome couch, given the amt. of work we did to get it in here in the first place (I have a stupid emotional attachment to my 30 year old couch and Dylan's old hippie desk, so even if I could afford it I don't want new furniture)
-speaking of stupid emotional attachments, I would miss this place. I have had a lot of good times here.

Neither:

-I feel less like a mooch, it is apparently part of an "early inheritance" scheme, so they'd basically give my sister a big chunk of cash too. But technically, that means I would someday have the money anyway, and could use it for something else awesome.

I still don't know. I hate making major life decisions.

0 comments: