Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I'm batman

I feel rather guilty that when I don't have friends I spend more time with my family. Like... "Well, I guess you'll do if I can't find anyone else." But I have had some pretty awesome times with them lately. Today I came over to their house and played a couple rousing games of cribbage with my dad (I pegged 12 points on one play! That is fucking awesome, trust me). Then later we had dinner with my sister's family and hung out with them awhile.

I'm telling you, I love the 'Phew more and more each time I see him. At one point he randomly started playing this game where he would jump over my legs. And he was bad at it, he kept falling and hurting himself and/or me. So then I finally drew my legs up to my chest and was sitting there. And the look in the face, the instant he decided to try and jump over them again anyway..... just priceless. An instant later, I have small child on me and am laughing my lungs out, and he's laughing too, and it just makes me laugh harder and harder.

My dad also tried the Adam & Eve and Pinch Me thing on him again, and he said "Michael," this time. And again, we don't know who this Mike/Michael is. We figure it's someone at daycare, but who knows.

I also love how bipolar small children are. They were trying to get him to use the bathroom, and he got mad and started angrily yelling "I'm stupid! stupid! stupid!" and then like two seconds later we hear him from the bathroom happily yelling, "I'm batman!"

Those are the most hilarious, the rest might be boring minutae to others, but I want to document it for my own enjoyment:


--I was flattered by how much he seemed to enjoy the voice I did for this monkey toy my parents just got for him.

--when my Dad was cheating at this game he was playing with the 'Phew and the 'Phew angrily says, "You can't play! You mess everything up!"

--he was cleaning something up and I tell the rest, "He's almost done." And he turns to them and yells, "I'm almost done!"

0 comments: