Thursday, June 14, 2007

afdsdfas

I don't know if I can make it. I have serious doubts. You have to stay where I am for one year before you can be promoted on to anything else. I really, really, hate my job. I kept thinking it would get better as I learned more what I was doing. But it's not. I still hate it. I swear to you:

I had a difficult call before my break. I immediately went to our little snack place to buy chocolate. I was stuck behind two slow-ish people. And I swear to you, I thought, "I am going to BURN THIS FUCKING BUILDING DOWN if I do not get my chocolate NOW."

That is how angry I am EVERY MINUTE of EVERY HOUR that I spend at work.

People tell me not to take the dickish people personally, that they're just dicks. And I'm like, "Duh, I did work in retail, you know." I know people are ass clowns. But... it's just so much negativity and/or stupidness foisted on me full tilt for 30 hours every week that I'm finding it hard to take. It makes Borders look like a paradise, comparatively. On top of the fact that the sheer volume of angry, dickish people is way larger, I can't just give them to the supervisor whenever they get bitchy like I did before. Also, I can't even tell them when I can't do something for them, I'm supposed to repeat over and over what I can do, which only makes them more angry.

I dunno, maybe I am a lazy horrible person with no work ethic and when things get the slightest bit rough, I run away. Or, more to the point, I just really, really hate people. Every job I've ever had, the part I hated was the people I had to deal with. Old Lady Store: Hated the Old Ladies. WEEK: Hated douchey coworkers. Borders: hated customers and hosebeast boss. New job: hate customers. I don't know what I should do about it, though. Or where I can find a job where I either don't interact with people or only interact with mostly non horrible ones.

I don't know, at this point I'm just whining because I'm so frustrated and wish I knew what I should do with myself.

2 comments:

the becca said...

what about data entry?

manpower usually has a few of those kinds of jobs availiable...

thevitaminkid said...

Become a masochist. Then you will love, love, love your job.