Tuesday, May 15, 2007

like trying to hide the daylight from the sun

So, it makes me sad. I might be alarmist, but the people in my training class aren't my kind of people. I'm becoming friendly with the chick who sits next to me, but like... what we talk about is smalltalk, not real talk. And on break if I'm ever in a group of these people, my "non standard" outbursts about anything that isn't boring are pointedly ignored.

I don't know, maybe it's not so much people as the environment. Or maybe not everyone wants to be all weird like me right off. I used to be like that, but Borders kind of killed my self-preservation instincts. Now if I want to be friends with people I act like me and if they don't like it, fuck them. Though of course this attitude is somewhat tempered by the fact that I know I will be fired if I start talking about burning hookers, so I guess it is a little watered down. But I don't know, maybe it's a good thing I'm not making buddies. Talking too much was what got me in trouble with my last job.

Anyway, I knooow there has to be someone good in there. They hired me, after all. And I have known not horrible people who have worked there. And I know not horrible people who WANT to work there. I just have to figure out how I'm going to find them.

In other news, I AM a fan of the constant influx of free food, though I'm sure I'll be 20 lbs heavier by the end of training.

0 comments: