Friday, May 11, 2007

I like ponies

So I had my farewell get together last night. At a bar. Which I hate. But actually last night wasn't too horrible. The new smoking ban makes it a lot better, but I can't say the same for the loud obnoxious music. And then I finally decided to pay outrageous jukebox prices, but it was later than I realized and we had to leave before most of my songs played.

But I saw Hootie, which was really good. Her and I haven't really gotten to see each other much lately. And she came earlier than anyone else, and somewhat before the loudness of the music set in, so we got to talk a little bit.

Then YM showed up, which is always awesome. Again, I haven't hung out with her in a little while, but I think we're going to remedy that soon because the semester's over and she doesn't have to constantly worry about class the whole time.

Then Explosion showed up, and he lent his psychotic happiness to the proceedings. He also brought some random friend who'd been friends with another friend of mine, so I'd kind of met him before. The friend was like, "So, why're you quitting borders?" and I said, "Because Tami's a fucking bitch." Which I think surprised him. But it's oh so true. Other epithets I used for her throughout the night were "dickface," and "hosebeast."

Then last but not least was Herd. Who also brought a friend who I kind of met before at his birthday party. Herd had a good time for about half an hour throwing tiny crumpled up pieces of paper at the friend who totally kept not realizing what was going on. I had a good time laughing maniacally every time he got a solid hit, blowing his attempts to look casual.

I was a little sad that there wasn't slightly higher turnout (Elaine, for one, had said she was coming, and Dance Whore I had thought was a definite). I was kind of mad at Dance Whore for not showing up, because he sort of was co host, because he's also leaving, and had kind of decided on the time and the bar. So I left him an angry note on Facebook and found out.... it was supposed to be NEXT thursday.

So like how I had a fake "last day," and fake tearful goodbyes, I guess I will now have a fake going away party, and have to have a second.

Oh, other thing I hate about bars: I apparently suck at ordering alcohol for myself. What I usually want is one of those fruity flavored Bacardi "malt beverages," that come in a little bottle. The last time I went to a bar, for some reason I thought they were wine coolers, so I asked for that, the bartender laughed at me, and gave me a fuzzy navel instead. And then I had to explain to everyone at my table that I was a loser drinking a fuzzy navel.

This time I was like, "Bacardi Razz?" And the lady was like "what mixer do you want with that?" and I'm thinking, oh shit. This is not what I signed on for. So I asked for my choices and it was basically cranberry juice or sprite. So I said cranberry juice, and it was pretty good.

So for my second drink I confidently walk up to the bar, "Bacardi Razz and cranberry juice please?" I get a different bartender from before, and she's like, "Oh I'm sorry, all we have is Bacardi Silver." And I'm like, whatever I don't care I just want a drink without it being a big production for once. "That's fine," I say. So she puts this glass on the bar that looks like what I had before. And I stick around, cause YM's there ordering something.

The bartender looks at me, and is like, "Uh... that's yours" and points to this bottle of stuff which is pretty much what I wanted in the first place from the first bartender (only I'm pretty sure it tastes seven uppy not rasberry, because it was bacardi silver). And I'm like... "Okay," and take it, so I'm holding what I had before AND the new bottle of stuff. And she can tell I'm all confused. And she's like, "I didn't charge you for the cranberry juice." So I'm thinking, why put it right there? So then she's like, "you wanted them mixed?" and I'm like, "uh yeah but this is fine." And then she laughs and is all, "You thought there was alcohol in that? That's soooo cute!" Now I just want to run for the exits. I'm like, "it's fine I'll just take these," but then we get back to the issue where I haven't paid for the cranberry juice. Then finally it hits her, "you wanted bacardi RAZZ mixed with cranberry juice?" "yes, yes I did." So she goes back and makes what I ordered and hands it off to me with one last, "oh that's so cute." and I wanted to kick her in the face. And I had to endure some creepy old drunk guy who was there getting two inches from my face and saying, "it sounds like a failure of communication, heh heh!"

I really need to start drinking screwdrivers or something. Does anyone get confused and say, "Oh a screwdriver, what's that?" or "what do you want in your screwdriver?" No. Unless you're in England. Where they are just boring and call them "vodka and orange juice." Which is also pretty straightforward?

0 comments: