Monday, March 12, 2007

So.....

Whenever anyone's asked me if I'm scared or excited about the new job this past week, I've been sort of like, "meh." That's kind of because I've pushed as much of it out of my mind as possible up till now. Because I'm a worrier, and now that I can't push it out (it's my first day of training today) it is gnawing at me to great extremes. Even little things become enormous. Some questions I am already worrying about:

- Which entrance to the building do I go in? There are like three, they all look the same, and I forget which one he told me.

-Will they have somewhere to put my lunch? Should I just not bring any lunch the first day so as to not look stupid carrying around my lunch all day when there's nowhere to put it? But if I don't bring anything, will they let us leave the building to get something?

-Can I just walk out if I need to use the bathroom, like in college? I doubt it. Will there be mandated bathroom breaks? What if I have to go when it's not one? Do I have to raise my hand? Will they think I use the bathroom too much? Will I have to explain that I have colitis in front of everyone?

I know these are stupid, but I think worrying about stupid things is my brain's reaction to not worrying about the job as a whole. More than one person has told me I'll hate it (thanks, helpful people) there. I dunno. Evs. I can always go back to the Store if I absolutely have to.

0 comments: