Thursday, February 01, 2007

HP

Me: haha shit, I have a deadline I have to get out of the book industry by
Ryan: what's that?
Me: July 21
Me: the last harry potter book
Ryan: ah yes
Me: man... and I hate harry potter to begin with
Me: if I had to be surrounded by people who like it
Ryan: haha why?
Me: I think I might have to break people and things
Me: I've never told you my gigantic list of things why I hate harry potter?
Ryan: hmm I don't remember
Me: hmm
Me: when did we start talking?
Me: was I roommates with Jess still?
Me: I dunno, anyway she's the one who was really crazy and controlled everything I did.
Me: And she had harry potter bedsheets
Me: and like everything else to do with harry potter
Me: so anyway one time I read all of the books that were out at the time because she had them around and I was bored
Ryan: haha i can see how that would be annoying
Ryan: but the movies were decent
Me: well here you go:
Me: the day I went from, "okay the books are alright if you're bored and have nothing to do" to "I hate that gooddamn harry potter"
Ryan: haha
Me: is when the first movie came out, and she begged and begged me to go and see it with her on opening night, but then her sister came into town and we were all three going to watch it together and they like stood me up
Me: it made me so angry that the movie just enraged me
Me: and I started noticing all the stupid things about harry potter
Ryan: oh I think I remembered that
Me: yeah the only thing worse than going to a harry potter movie with two people dressed in slytherin and gryffindor tee shirts is being stood up for a harry potter movie by two people dressed in slytherin and gryffindor tee shirts
Me: so then like on top of that, I could tell you all the various specific plot holes and things that I think are stupid, but eh
Me: and then on top of it I hate how everyone acts like she's fucking shakespeare or something
Me: like... even when I liked them I thought they were alright but not that great
Me: but people act like she's god and it annoys me
Me: I hate when something not very good is really overrated and beloved by people when they could spend their time loving something a lot more worthwile
Ryan: yeah I'm not sure why people think they're so awesome
Ryan: I think the story is all right
Me: and like Tina loves them and is always telling me
Me: several other friends of mine
Me: oh and also like when the last one came out dumbledore died or something, and everyone wanted to talk about it, but didn't want to spoil it for other HP lovers, so they went to me, the notorious HP hater, to discuss this with
Me: so I had like 80 different discussions with people on "oh I'm so sad dumbledore died," "really? You do know he's fictional character from a series of books that is mediocre at best, right?"
Ryan: hahah
Ryan: burrrrrn

0 comments: