Friday, February 02, 2007

Hmmm

Hanging out with Sista yesterday was awesome, though my colitis was acting up really bad and I felt horrible. And pretty much the whole time she wasn't around I just laid on the couch, so it felt like a really big waste. She left Hannukah Schmannukah here, though so I'm going to have to visit her again soon.

Today I almost stabbed a guy for being the 1,000 person to bitch to me about our rewards program. 1) it's free, idiot. We owe you nothing. 2) Your particular concern, that we don't allow you long enough to access your account is just crappy. How fucking lazy are you when 2 and a half months is not enough? Especially during the shopping season? Especially since you are old and here in the middle of a weekday so you're clearly retired and have nothing better to do.

In good news news, I AM A MAGNIFICENT BASTARD. Now, hopefully I'm not still working there by then, but I did ask for the day Harry Potter comes out off, and I got it! Actually I asked for the whole week leading up to it, so now I have to figure out if I want to go anywhere or anything then.

Speaking of which, I'm also kind of trying to decide what I want for my birthday. This is the first time in ages I've had one where there is nothing at all I am absolutely longing for. So I was kind of debating MP3 player or digital camera, both things my parents have tried to nudge me into asking for before (my mom doesn't like getting a lot of little gifts for people, she likes to get one big thing, whereas I usually ask for small things, so she's mentioned those two things before). But I was thinking, man, what I'd really like is enough money to go somewhere nice someday. So... like maybe I could try and talk them into a vacation fund to add to? I'd like to go to Europe again someday (long term), visit my Grandpa in Florida (soon, he's getting up there in years), visit Tina sometime (i've been talking about that for ages, but circumstances have conspired against me), maybe just take another jaunt up to chicago sometime, visiting up there with Ryan and Opt was really cool last time, or even just gas money to Springfield or Champaign to visit Opt or Sista. But I don't know if my parents would be cool with this, as my mom is not a big fan of giving money because she knows I tend to squirrel it away instead of spending it on fun, and I think she is doubly eager to not have me visiting interweb people. And even if I don't use it for that, I can see her thinking I'm lying.

In not good news news, I'm kind of worried about YM, I just heard she's in the hospital and went and read her blog and it sounds like she was really depressed last night.

0 comments: