Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ryan the Thief

Ryan: I think the store was really good for you for that
Me: I kind of do/did have social anxiety but I'm getting better
Me: I am way more comfortable with new people now
Ryan: Yeah.. working retail will do that
Ryan: it hardens you to the jerks and makes you appreciate the cool ones
Ryan: I know I got over a lot of my shyness after selling knives
Me: haha it's a lot easier to sell people yourself than unwanted knives
Ryan: because really, how much worse can meeting people be than going door to door asking if old ladies want to buy your knives
Me: haha yeah
Ryan: yeah exactly
Ryan: I didn't mind that part so much
Ryan: it was all the lame meetings and the "go-getter" attitude the other people in the office had
Me: hahah
Me: really?
Ryan: people always trying to get you "Fired up" made me want to stab them with my product
Me: "You did fire me up to use the knives..."
Ryan: haha yeah
Ryan: and it was all a total pyramid scheme
Ryan: like.. the only reason they wanted you to go out and do well
Ryan: was because they got a percentage of your sales
Ryan: so if you weren't selling much.. they'd sit you down and talk to you and try be all buddy-buddy
Ryan: and it was just really creepy
Me: haha
Ryan: I just got tired of that stupid atmosphere
Me: I can believe it
Ryan: every once in a while the president of the company would come in
Ryan: and give speeches like that one skit from UCB
Ryan: where he's all "I've got a new boat! my new brain is explosive!"
Ryan: the only good thing I got from the damn meetings was our "group" (yeah we were broken up into stupid groups and asked to give ourselves a name) called itself the "sluggers" or some lame shit like that..
Ryan: and one of the guys brought in a baseball bat
Ryan: and now it's in my trunk
Me: HAHAH
Me: I think I've seen that baseball bat
Ryan: yeah
Ryan: I totally stole it from that guy

0 comments: