Monday, November 20, 2006

the way his collar falls to the left

You know, I was thinking today. When I got passed over for promotion in that totally slap-in-the-face way, to placate me afterwards they told me two things.

1) That they would make some little thing my sole responsibility. So I would feel like I was essential, I guess. Or like to show that I had responsibility so someday I might be promoted.

This technically has never materialized. But I would be too busy for it anyway considering I somehow ended up responsible for 90% of the multimedia merchandising in the entire store. And I'm not even getting that done (too much for one person, especially since everything's speeding up for Christmas and I spend a lot of time on registers). So in a weird way this is more than I expected. I love it because it means I am essential, like I could just no call no show one day and they'd be screwed. I'd never do it, but it feels good to have some sort of leverage and, well..... to be needed. I love it because I like doing merchandising more than anything else at the store. I dislike it because it feels like I'm doing more work for the same pay.

2) They would start some developmental something something acronym DAP, basically work with me personally to help fix the problems holding me back (shooting my mouth off, whatever else it was they thought I was bad at). And I mean... I kind of don't blame Elaine for never doing it, because she's got 10,000 things on her plate right now. But... I don't know. It feels like they just underestimate me, like I'm not even worth being told outright that I'm not right for a job, and then when I get mad they just promise me things to shut me up, and then don't do them.

Ryan: Working on some new material for phoexx0rmakeshotchocolate.com ?
Me: haha sorry
Me: I was blogging
Me: and got really involved in it
Ryan: haha
Ryan: *reads*
Me: my angry diatribe to you about work turned into an angry diatribe on blogspot about work
Ryan: Man I already know all this!
Me: well the #2 is something I didn't complain about to you
Me: but you can pretty much skip the #1
Me: or it all
Me: because you already know that I'm always angry at my job
Ryan: haha
Ryan: Every post should just be replaced with [Insert 'Same Shit, Different Day']

0 comments: