Monday, November 13, 2006

Aunt Irma's in town

Man do I ever hate having lady troubles. Today I had the worst cramps I've had in at least a year, maybe more. I think it's because this time I didn't really notice I was having lady troubles until I was already in pain, and it took awhile for pain pills to kick in.

I really am considering going back on birth control. I got off it because I hated the goddamn pap test they made me take to get the pills. But... pain for a few minutes once a year? Or pain constantly all day or even two days every month? Much worse. But... I don't know, there must be something psychologically traumatic about having strangers stick something painful in my vagina, because I cried all the way home when they did it to me, and I still hate thinking about it.

Look I understand they don't want to get sued for cancer from the pills, or that they even geniuinely don't want me to get cancer for my sake. But if I want to take the pills without the tests, I think they should let me. They let people smoke, and drink, and do about a thousand detrimental things without stopping them or physically violating them. Yes, I do realize that maybe this whole thing would be less painful and freaky to me if I weren't a virgin, but I really don't want to go and find some dude to lose it with (and have it possibly turn out as traumatic or more so than the test) just so that their fucking test sucks less. I really hate that they can deny me treatment like this.

3 comments:

Phoex said...

really? my sis said hers were never too bad since she lost it :/

oh well.

Terrace said...

You know, long ago when that happened, I asked my friend who is a nurse about that and she said a pap really shouldn't be painful, discomfort is common, yes, but she says if it's really painful, you should look into finding a less heavy handed doctor. She said some of them just really don't care and consider that a place something is meant to be stuck in anyways so the woman is just a whiner if she says it hurts....

Phoex said...

Hmm... I dunno. My doctor seemed genuinely sorry it hurt and tried to find the smallest speculum possible. :/