Monday, November 13, 2006

your art it brought me to my knees

I am vaguely wondering if there's something wrong with me. Physically... we all know the "mentally" portion is a whole can of worms no one wants to open up.

Anyway I am getting these weird little twinges of dizziness. Or... actually I think it's vertigo. If there's a distinction at all... It's not like as intense as dizziness. It's like just sudddenly, for a split second, the dimensions of everything around me change, and I'm disoriented, and then everything goes back to normal.

The reason I equate this with "vertigo" more than dizziness is it actually reminds me of the movie Vertigo. Every time he gets vertigo, they show a point of view shot where the camera is simultaneously zooming in and being physically moved away. Or vice versa... I'm not sure it's a difference. This is pretty freaky... I know they do it in Jaws, too, and a subtler one in Goodfellas but it is really crazy in real life to feel like that is happening to you (though obviously not as dramatically).

But I don't think I've really changed anything in my routine, and I don't feel sick or bad otherwise. I'm probably just being paranoid.

2 comments:

Terrace said...

might be time to get your ears cleaned because it really sounds like a dizzy spell from your inner ear being off...

Phoex said...

maybe. I have had some more (than usual) difficulty hearing thigns people have said. But they really don't feel plugged...