Thursday, October 26, 2006

first you must cure your temper

Dance Whore put this romance novel, Vikings! on hold under my name, and for once it didn't take me 8 days to notice, and I laughed pretty hard. I am pretty sure it's him, anyway, because I know he's mocked the book to me before, and I had recently put this Gallagher DVD on hold under his name and he was getting me back.

Oh, also I took one of his business cards a long time ago and replaced "bookseller" with "love machine" and put it up in a visible place on his desk. And I realized the other day that now I have to deface Kevin and Elaine's desks in some way, because in addition to doing that to DW's desk I've put:

"Aw snap, I done brought the sexy back!" on Lister's Darth Vader cutout.

a "Don't ask about the stolen baby" label across Baby Stealer's computer monitor.

various random things on Nebrasky's cube of postit notes, most of them involving how I eat at his desk all the time when they are training new people in the break room.

So I don't want Elaine and Kevin to feel unloved.....

It also kind of makes me miss back when Double Dizzle and I would sneak "Zoo Off!" onto each other's various things.

I decided to have another Noodles outing, I don't know how it'll work though. People are very noncommital! So far Nebrasky is the only fo' sho' I was like, "What are you doing on Monday?" and he was like, "I'M FUCKIN' GOING TO NOODLES WITH YOU!" and then we high fived each other with so much force that it hurt.

I also rented movies for the first time since.. wow, I think when Ryan was here. I just never seem to have the time. Anyway, I got Memento and I Heart Huckabees. Which... Memento, I think I built up too much in my head. I think it's a decent movie but not "whoa awesome" like I was expecting. I Heart Huckabees just kind of sucked. The premise kind of reminded me of the Dirk Gently novels, which is why I wanted to see it, but unlike those, this movie was not really "funny." Or "profound." Or "not annoying."

What has two thumbs and finds Jude Law unbelievably smarmy (though I'll grand you that's what he's going for in this movie)? Thiiiiiiiiiis guuuuuuuuuy.

0 comments: