Thursday, October 26, 2006

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR NEVER TALK TO STRANGER

So today Lister said he'd lend me Red Dwarf. WIN! Everything is falling into place for me, as far as watching things I've meant to watch for years now (I count my recent viewings of Young Ones and Memento as more proof). I guess once Trainspotting fell, the rest was bound to follow.

I just have to make sure to remind him, because I'm not seeing him again before he and his wife go to Hawaii, and lending people Red Dwarf is the sort of thing that gets forgotten while you and your wife are in Hawaii.

I think I dropped the ball on Noodlemania, I shouldn't have decided a day only two days before I was going to be gone for three days, and I shouldn't have decided on a day right when I come back. If I am not there to badger people into coming, they will not come. I've heard positive things from IRTR, Thug, and Nebrasky, though.

Today sucked pretty hard, they scheduled me for registers ALL DAY. DW had some training or other to do that fell through, though, so he was nice and took two hours of it. But still... and I was kind of irritated at Lister, because he was trying to make me do IPT things at reg when what I really wanted to do was what little I could with new releases before leaving for the next three days, coming back, and having to deal with a cart done entirely by people who have no idea what they are doing. It seemed like a waste of resources, ANYONE could probably do the IPT things about as well as I do, but most people are not likely to do any good at the merch things I wanted to get done.

Also I'm trying to coordinate something with Opt, myself, and girl downstairs neighbor, and I don't think I'm doing that great of a job.

0 comments: