Saturday, September 23, 2006

you can take that to the bank and shove it up your big fat ass

So I called in sick today, though I actually feel slightly better than I did yesterday (I'm sicker, but do not have cramps or colitis torturing me). I probably would've left early yesterday if Opt hadn't been sick too. I didn't want to leave if she was going to, because being the second person to leave sick always sucks, and I didn't want to make her have to be that person. But she is tougher than I am or has a better work ethic or something, and stayed, and by the time the point was moot, I only had two hours left anyway. The only two hours of my shift that WEREN'T reg. Fuck you, motherfuckers!

I was also kind of guilty calling in today until it was boss-boss answering the phone and she gives this long suffering sigh and says "oh alright." I thought of screaming, "YEAH PUT THAT IN YOUR PIPE AND SMOKE IT, BOSS-BOSS!" and hanging up, but thought better of it. Now I feel totally justified. 7.50 an hour is just not enough to be paid to be nice to people when you're sick, especially if one of those people is my boss.

2 comments:

Phoex said...

look you and opt are just better people than I am. If I feel like shit it's just not worth it to me.

Phoex said...

haha.... thanks? No one's ever called me a brave little toaster before. I think I like it.