Friday, September 08, 2006

Right right right! Right right! Right right! Right right right!

I'm beginning to feel like the store is a soap opera. A really boring, sexless soap opera.

Yeah, um, no one currently working at the store except for Opt really reads this, and she's who told me. But if for some bizzare reason Jersey or anyone happens to read this, I want to warn you not to spread this around.

But apparently Excalibur (who is the dearest, sweetest person in the world, and I thought so even before she did this) complained to corporate about how boss-boss treated me RE: the promotion. This, of course, made Boss-boss see red, and now Excalibur is resigning.

On one hand, it really makes me feel loved that she went to that effort for me. And I am spitefully glad that boss-boss is out one more experienced, competant supervisor right before the Christmas season.

On the other hand it makes me feel horrible that Excalibur is going to be out of a job. Plus, I don't even know how she'll find a new one, because she's madly busy at the moment with school, too.

I kind of want to complain to Borders corporate now. Because.... I mean, treating me like crap is one thing. But treating Excalibur like that? That's like.... fucking kicking a puppy! Or actually more like kicking a mother duck. But still like, kicking someone who totally does not deserve this, and is too good/kind to kick back.

And as well as the recent incident, I could bring up unjust past firings (Carmax, Super Tramp), and the fact that she has ostracized or ran off other people. But I would probably just look disgruntled because I didn't get the promotion.

Boss-boss, you are not invited to my pizza party.

In other news, I was forced (okay, I actually did it freely because it is hilarious) to admit that my uncharactaristically strong knowledge of hockey was due to a failed attempt at a screenplay I was writing some time ago that included a character that was a pro hockey player.

That actually led to me, Opt, and Jersey making an appointment to watch Strange Brew for Opt & my's first time, and probably Jersey's millionth time given that he actually owns it on VHS. It will be glorious.

6 comments:

Pablo said...

Congratulations on being about to watch the greatest movie in the history of great movies! Strange Brew is awesome. No. It is FREAKIN' awesome! (Bonus points for watching on VHS. That's the kind of "old school" spirit you need to enjoy a movie of that, uh, calibur.)

Pablo said...

As for going to corporate to complain about boss-boss... I would advise against it. I know the whole situation sucks and all, but unless you have some really concrete proof of wrong-doing, talking to corporate is not going to help. And it will make you look like a trouble-maker. Think about it: you're talking about "corporate" people. Those are the kind of people who live for life's unjust moments. Do you think they will listen to someone way down the ladder from them? Unlikely. I think your intentions are noble, your cause is just... but I'd still advise against sticking your neck out in that manner. You won't win that battle. (I work at a bank, quite closely with all kinds of those corporate-types: managers, CEO's, accountants, board members, etc. Their kind understand things like paper-trails. Numbers. Documentation. Evidence. Proof. Listening to you telling them that someone is "mean" and basically isn't nice to other people would mean nothing to them. It sucks. But that's they way they are.)

Phoex said...

Yeah :/

well either way I wouldn't do it until I had another job lined up anyway :P Thanks, Guero :P

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I agree with Pablo. There's a difference between "Corporate" types, and the people who work for the corporate headquarters of a major retail and customer service store. They practically tell you to report stuff like this. They have HR people and higher-up managers and so forth specifically to deal with issues like this. Just my two-cents of dealing with similar situations though.

Pablo said...

Okay, yeah I do see Suibrom's point. Also... I've never worked in a "retail store" type setting, so what do I know? The way Suibrom explains it, I can now see that there could be a difference between the (heartless bastard) corporate types that I'm used to and the corporate headquarters of a retail store.

Pablo said...

...but Strange Brew is still FREAKIN' awesome though!!