Friday, September 08, 2006

Hey scenesters! Hey, hey scenesters!

I had a strange sense of deja vu today when I was in hipster video. I called up my neighbor that I knew was doing nothing today to see if he was interested in me renting anything. Hipster video, of course, is where Mulv's little "movie" that I "acted in" was set, and my "character" was a douchebag on a cell phone.

It didn't really matter anyway, I didn't actually get him and there was no one in the basement of hipster video for me to irritate with my phone anyway.

I ended up getting Trainspotting. Which I liked, but in retrospect, was probably not the best choice for the same day I elected to watch Sid & Nancy. On top of that, people've always mentioned the funny bits of Trainspotting to me, so I hadn't realized it would be as heavy/serious. And no one mentioned to me that Sid & Nancy kind of sucks. Obviously, Sid Vicious was kind of a choad. And then Nancy was just as much or more of one, but on top of that really annoying so by the end you were like, "Just kill her! Kill her, Sid! Just put us all out of our misery."

So you can chalk that up as a minus for Gary Oldman, though I still love him, and that was actually his kind of breakthrough role back in the day. And I kind of remembered Lost In Space too, which sucks, so he is not as awesome as I thought. But, there's still Fifth Element, True Romance, Leon The Professional, and others that he is awesome in. I've also been told Rosencrantz & Guildenstern was awesome and so was Immortal Beloved, so I will probably check those out sometime soon to kind of redeem my Gary to his former pedestal.

0 comments: