Thursday, August 24, 2006

studies show they prolong old people's lives

So I have a couple of leads on jobs, all I need now is actual daytime to call these places etc. I was pretty bitchy about how I had to close every day for three weeks before, but now I am like, "crap why don't I close anymore? Now I have no chance to apply elsewhere."

Anyway, one guy I know says State Farm's call center is hiring, and if I pass their competancy tests (which I have before) he can definately get me an interview. Which... not my dream job. Angry phone calls are worse than the store even, probably. BUT, it's more money and not working for boss-boss.

The job I really want is at a library. Since I've been thinking of becoming a librarian off and on, this job would actually probably be a step towards a career, instead of a placeholder job I would hate and have trouble getting out of. So I thought of talking to Supertramp, as he works at a library now, and asking him how he got the job. Opt still talks to him, so I called her up to ask his number, and she said a job actually had opened up. So... that would be awesome.

Opt and I were talking about what I should do the last day of work, and she told me one guy once shouted out "Fuck you, boss-boss!" on his last day, and it threw her off her game for like two weeks. And she thinks hearing it a second time, especially given I've never even known the dude who did it, would freak her out even more. I myself am thinking of saying, "I'm going to shoot you and fuck the brain hole" and getting carted out of the store by police. Or perhaps, as boss-boss is african-american, saying the racist joke I came up with that goes: "Do you know what has two thumbs and hates black people?" "Thiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis chiiiiiiiiiick!"

Seriously, though, I think none of those would actually work, because I want her to know that the reason I'm quitting is because she sucks at being a manager. "You know what, if you didn't fuck me over, and then lie about it and try to blame Elaine for it, maybe I wouldn't have quit and you wouldn't be losing one of your most experienced workers right before the Christmas season.

0 comments: