Thursday, August 24, 2006

the morning papers made the most out of nothing at all

This is just a bitchy post about a pet peeve of mine, feel free to skip. But basically, this "thing" makes me see red, and I will slit your throat if you say it to me. So maybe you should read it just in case, so you know how to avoid totally infuriating me.

It's sarcastically saying, "Don't look so excited!"

If you are not unhappy about anything, and get it as often as I do, it gets more and more irritating. What? Do I look upset all the time? Why do people always say this to me when I am not sad? I was actually feeling perfectly fine until you said that. And also, it feels like the person is a condescending prick trying to dictate how excited I should look like I feel about things.

If you are unhappy, you get pissed off even more. Someone pointing out that you are unhappy when you already know is like someone going, "you dropped that!" when you've already bent over to pick it up. Thanks, thanks for reminding me that I am unhappy. I almost forgot for a couple minutes, but fortunately you came by to remind me. And again, it feels like the person is a condescending prick trying to dictate how excited I should look like I feel about things, only this time it also feels like, "You do not have the right to be unhappy, retail monkey!" Because this mostly happens at work. You know what, guy? You would not be all that excited to work here either. Especially if you had a condescending prick telling you to "not look so excited" because buying something from a sad retail monkey uncomfortably reminds him that he is talking to someone whose entire paycheck is probably smaller than the amount of money he's dropping on some stupid DVD's today.

1 comments:

Phoex said...

he and geeky ponytail boy used to say it to me a lot but I made it known how much I despise that, so neither of them do it much anymore.