Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Pallisades pallisades

Today kind of sucked. I've acquired a taste for not-working this last week, so it felt crappy to come back. And on top of that, during my vacation I kind of forgot how angry and bitter I was at them for how they dealt with the whole promotion thing, but the second I came back I was like, "Oh yeah, I forgot, I fucking hate this." And I had kind of forgotten about the stupid ear pieces and how stupid they are.

And of course I had my least favorite customer of all time today, the crazy drugged up guy who molested me at a bar once and always makes us look up eastern european metal bands.

I have to admit I kind of goofed off pretty badly most of the day. I have a hard time putting effort into a job for which I did not get recognition (not being promoted or even the courtesy of being told I didn't get promoted) and for which I feel like I am leaving soon. That's probably bad, because I still haven't got another job yet, and it's coworkers who pay the price for that, not the person who I'm really angry at, boss-boss.

Speaking of which, she kind of pulled me into her office near the end of the day to appologize. I would appreciate that if I weren't pretty sure it was total BS. She said that she thought Elaine had told me about it, and Elaine thought boss-boss had told me about it. But--I obviously did not know about it the day I asked her at morning meeting. And considering she didn't call me in to apologize that day, or the next day before I went on vacation--I think she's just trying to cover her ass because she heard I was upset about it (which, that is how she started out the talk, "I heard you were kind of upset about how you found out the merch sup job was filled"). I am not sure if Elaine told her (Opt told Elaine I had felt kind of crappy about the whole thing, and told me that Elaine seemed pretty pissed off about how boss-boss handled it), or if Lister overheard me complaining about it today (Jersey was in kind of a crappy mood today, and I comiserated with him, citing this whole episode as a reason I felt crappy too, and Lister may or may not have overheard it).

One thing she told me was we could start something or other that is basically a way to monitor my progress at getting better at one of the things I am apparently not good enough at to be a supervisor. Which would be alright if I wasn't going to quit. But I didn't really have the balls to tell her "I'm going to get the hell out of this job as soon as possible, and it is directly related to being screwed around by you."

She also said I could do blah blah blah, I filter out useless acronyms, but it boiled down to giving me more responsibility around the store. One one hand, that would be nice, because it would be merch-related, which is what I like doing best at the store. On the other hand, it stinks of making me do more work/more important work without paying me any extra, which feels like I'm being screwed around even more.

0 comments: