Wednesday, August 23, 2006

where is my mind

So I just realized I spent more money on vacation in Bizzle-Nizzle than I did in Vegas. I think most of it is Ryan either was afraid of my cooking or (I prefer to think this one) just didn't want to be a bother to me, so we went out to eat a lot. And I bought food normally out of my means (i.e. I have the money for it because I still have quite a lot built up from when I lived with my parents but it would probably take quite a long time for me to earn it back again) because I was like, "hey, I'm on vacation! I deserve this!" And I bought stuff at Ikea with Opt when we were in Chicago to pick him up.

So here's the hilarious bit: I realized only ONE thing I got at Ikea that I can, as is, use.

I got a couple candles. I have no way to light them.
I got a coat rack. I have no drill to make the holes to put the screws in to put it up.
I got drapes for my "closet." They are crazy, insane long. I have them up, but they look riDONKulous.

And I got a towel rack. Which is the one thing I can use right now. And obviously I can either buy a lighter or matches or steal free matches from somewhere. And my dad has a drill, I am just loathe to bother him about the coat rack right away since I already have him doing a favor for me RE: my car. And Opt offered to hem the curtains. I just don't know why life has to be so frickin' complicated and/or why I NEVER THINK THES THINGS THROUGH BEFORE I DO THEM.

0 comments: