Wednesday, August 30, 2006

and here's a story about being free

I am really, really lacking motivation on the job search front. I missed my window on ISU, apparently (though I will check back periodically). One place I'm interested in is only hiring part-timers, at not that much more than the job I already have, so I would have to keep the job I already have, which is all over the place time-wise, so I don't know what I'd tell the new place I'd work at about my availability.

I SHOULD and I meant to go to State Farm today but it's looking less and less like that is going to happen. It's just such a pain to apply there, last time I did it took at least four hours. Because they give you a preliminary interview, then you wait. Then you take a typing test. Then you wait. Then they give you a logic test to see how well you read instructions. Then you wait. Then you take one of the BS personality tests all places make you take nowadays. And the kicker is: I don't even really want to work there.



I'd like to find a job better than the one I already have. Finding a job I hate would be a step backwards, I don't really want to be doing this job search thing again in like three months, especially since I'm mostly looking at day jobs right now. And I would have a lot of insurance BS on top of it, which I thankfully don't have right now (still on my parents but that only lasts till I'm 25).

Opt was talking about going to the temp center in town awhile ago, but I dunno. Sista was telling me I could student teach, because I have a degree. How did I get to be this age with no marketable skills?

0 comments: