Friday, April 27, 2012

Guess what? I suck!

So I guess this is me officially telling the world I got fired. It was Friday the 13th, a month and a day from my 5th anniversary there, how poetic. Anyway, I was keeping it quiet for a little while because my dad was getting married this last weekend and I didn't want to ruin it for him. Then... I don't know, I guess most people don't feel like putting out a big announcement about that sort of thing. Also I've been pretty doped up on pain medication and not necessarily making much sense.... I got my ACL reconstruction surgery on Tuesday. I moved it up so I could use my current insurance from my former employer, though it seems I will be able to get covered under my husband's insurance fairly easily. So uh.... 1) I do not blame them. I missed a lot of work. A LOT of work. More than I had to, probably. Honestly, I've not said as much as I wanted because I didn't want to be a whiner, but I hate the job. It was super boring. The only things I liked about it were that a) it was not my previous job and b) I got to listen to my music on headphones the whole time. But even I do not have enough music to make that job not super boring. So... there were days when I was legitimately sick that I stayed out.... when I probably was still OK enough to work, but I just couldn't make myself go in. 2) I am fine on money. Jeremy & I are savers, and my parents have been generous to me over the years. 3) I am not quite yet looking for a new job, I wanted to get the knee crap taken care of first. 4) My knee seems to be doing fine, so far as I can tell.

0 comments: