Friday, October 02, 2009

Because I'm lazy I'm just going to copy & paste something Tina posted on her blog and then add "Amy did want to."

The process of waiting to hear back from one person or another is very boring and drawn out. It is even more so when Archie goes to bed early and I am not drawn to any particular amusement because I've been feeling sick. So when my friend had a little social game on her blog, I said I'd join. The deal is she sends me five words and I write what those five words make me think. I'm supposed to keep the game going by offering to do the same for anyone else who asks but with their own five words but since I have two loyal readers, it all depends on whether Amy wants to play :b

Amy did want to.

Tina emailed me:

I just woke up so your words might suck.
1 Success
2 Amusement
3 favorite
4 Musical
5 Family



1) Success - I dunno. Depressing? Unattainable? Career success, anyway, is clearly never going to happen for me.

2) Ah, tons of things. Life may sometimes be depressing (see #1) but there's always something hilarious going on. There's my rabbit, doing secret missions and running full speed laps around my couch. There's my nephews, taking their pants off at a restaurant. There's the crazy woman + woman's children + blind guy + lesbian love trapezoid at work. Also at work, there's people with crazy names, such as Bill Pancake, Supreme Allah, Richard Dong. Hell, I can get amusement from my ass-burning runs by choosing to make pooparcels. Jeremy & I got amusement on Tuesday simply by being in a restaurant where the lady calling out people's orders sounded extremely angry. If you think about things, most anything is hilarious.

3) People tell me I rank things too much. Which is probably true. Off the top of my head, I could probably tell you my favorite of any sort of thing. Fav author? Kurt Vonnegut. Fav musician? Ben Folds. Fav meal? The pork chops mom used to make that now I make. Favorite expensive french fries: Jim's Steakhouse. Favorite mid range french fries: Meatheads. Favorite french fries after that? Steak N Shake. Favorite fast food fries? McDonalds. Yes, I have shared with you my hierarchy of fries. I have a favorite everything ready for any type of conversation.

4) Well... music could probably be another 70 blog posts in and of itself, but "musical" makes me think of broadway type stuff. I don't often watch musicals, but I actually like them a good chunk of the time. When I was a film minor I would always pick the old Fred Astaire musicals because the boringness that a lot of those old movies had (sorry... I don't hate all old movies but I do hate more than a few) was at least broken up by good music. I (sadly) have been watching the TV show Glee for the same reason lately. That and Jane Lynch is hilarious no matter what she ends up in.

5) One thing I always think of is how I wish I were closer to my extended family. And how weirdly small it seems now that mom is gone.

0 comments: