Wednesday, September 09, 2009

So.... I'm kind of annoyed at my neighbors right now.

I didn't go into it on here before, but yeah, I backed into their car again. Our parking lot sucks and I suck and so I did it again.

Last time, they like, insisted on going through my insurance even though it was a tiny scratch. I wanted to pay it out of pocket so that my rates wouldn't go up, but they filed it anyway. Oh, plus they go to this hideously expensive shop. The estimate I was shown LITERALLY says that it took $8 bucks worth of parts/paint but the labor bumped it up to $300+ But hey, it's my bad, I went along with it, whatever.

So this time, I wrote them a check for like $350 and gave it to them with the note that's like, "sorry I hit your car again." Thinking, "hey, if they have the money already they won't try to go through the insurance." And on the note I put like, "Let me know if it's more than that." I didn't think it would be, the scratch is not much bigger but I guess the shop estimated like $420 or something. Fine. Whatever. But I wrote the check out to the shop directly so that they wouldn't just paint it themselves for $8 and keep the rest for themselves. I scratched their car, I'll pay to fix that, but not for them to buy a big screen TV or something on my dime.

But after I wrote the check, a few days later they give it back to me with a note that's like, "Hey, I am not going to have time to get the car fixed for awhile and I don't want to have to keep this check sitting around that whole time can you just write it out to me?" I gave them the check back with the lie, "Well I just ran out of checks and it's going to take awhile to get more." This is a BLATANT lie because it was like, check #11 or something, by the way. But I don't want be like, "Hey, I know what you motherfuckers are trying to do just take the fucking money."

So a few days later (tonight) I get it back again with a note that's like "that's okay, we'll wait." Fuck you, man. I sent you an obvious lie for a reason. So I sent it back with a note that's like, "No, it is REALLY going to be awhile." I think if they do it again I'll make some dumb note that's like, "My insurance company says it has to be this way."

Oh the other thing that pisses me off is I'm ALWAYS slipping these notes under their door, because I don't want a random person opening it and getting the check. It has my routing number and account number and all that shit. But they ALWAYS tape it to my door while I'm at work. Anyone could open it.

Anyway..... up until then my day was alright. So that's good.

0 comments: