Saturday, August 22, 2009

I had some good times with my sister's family tonight. It was her birthday on Mon, and I missed the family get together last Saturday (they didn't tell me anything about it until Fri night and I didn't feel like changing my plans at that point, then my plans did change anyway, but I didn't feel like doing the family thing anyway at that point). See.... her kids can be nightmares and sometimes: I'm just not in the mood.

But tonight was awesome. 'Phew Harder (about 2 years old)'s diaper leaked, so they needed to change his pants last minute, and none that fit him were clean. So he had pants on that were a little big. We go out to dinner, and my sister and I were busy ordering, and The 'Phew (about 5) starts freaking out about something. We turn around, and 'Phew Harder has pulled his pants down and is walking around the restaurant with them around his ankles. My sister and I are laughing crazy hard. The guy at the counter is clearly not amused.

So we sit down and are eating. About 1/2 way through the meal, the 'Phew announces, "My daddy made me smell his butt." Again, we all start dying laughing, while the 'Phew keeps earnestly trying to convince us, "He really did!" This goes on for nearly the rest of the meal.

Then, 'Phew Harder finishes before everyone is done, and wants to run through the restaurant..... with his pants around his ankles. He manages to do it several times. the 'Phew insisted on narrating it as well, "Mommy! He pulled his pants off again! Now he's running!" 'Phew Harder was making us laugh so hard that the 'Phew started to try getting his pants off to get the same laughs, but my sister managed to convince him not to.

Of course, later, when we got to their house there were the inevitable hissy fits or whatever. The 'Phew is extremely bossy and gets mad if you don't do everything he says, and 'Phew harder is extremely moody and will get mad for no apparent reason at times. And my brother in law gets extremely angry at them, and it's a whole big thing. But at least I got some laughs out of it.

In other news, I am now fairly sure that my dad is dating a lady named Judy. My orig. suspicion came when he told me she was coming to his house to help put things away (he'd had to take a bunch of stuff out of his closets because they were being painted, and was putting it all back) the other day. I mean.... you have to really like someone to help put their shit away, right? Also: he's been playing golf with her a lot. And he HATES golf.

So now that I was alone with my sister's family, I decided to inquire if they knew anything about this Judy. I said, "Hey, is dad dating a lady named Judy?"

My brother in law was immediately like, "HA!" and my sister was like, "Don't give him more ammunition!" Apparently they had been arguing whether or not dad's been dating this woman for a little while now. They didn't know the closet thing, but apparently my dad's been hanging out with her all the time and telling them stories his hanging out with her. According to my brother in law and his friend Nick, "No guy will do all that stuff with a lady unless he's interested in her." According to my sister, "You know dad! He's a friendly guy, and he's bored a lot." Her defense about the closet thing is, "She's retired and widowed like dad. She's probably just bored." Dude, I don't care how bored I am, I'm not helping clean someone's house for them unless we are super duper close. I didn't even help my own dad put his stuff away! Though--I was sick at the time.

Anyway, it seems fast, but if he's happy I'm happy for him. The only thing is, since her name is Judy, I can't get this song out of my head. She's not that kind of girl, booger!

0 comments: