Tuesday, May 12, 2009

So my car's radiator cracked on Saturday. My dad was surprised, he thought a radiator pretty much lasted forever. The repair guy pointed out that we did get 15 years out of this one.

My dad said he didn't know how much it would cost to repair it, and my car is pretty old, so I might have to get rid of it. Happily, though, the repair cost about $300 and my car's still worth about $3,000, so I get to keep the old girl. I'm really glad, I'm freakishly attached to my car.

The funny bit is I was telling Josh how great Toyotas are and how my car is so awesome and it's lasted forever with only minor repairs.... right when it started smoking and I had to pull over somewhere. Then we had to walk home. Good news is... we were really close to home. Esp. since we were returning from Meijer where he had bought some frozen food items.

Aside from the unscheduled car difficulties, we had a good time. We played Skee ball and air hockey at Wehrenberg and ate fruit salad (I liked the fruit salad Deanna made for Julie's bachelorette party so much that I tried making my own and it was a success) and chicken strips and went to BBB where I bought a pet carrier and to Borders where I got a hand crafted soda.

Today I took my dad out to lunch to sort of thank him for letting me borrow his car while mine was busted and paying for the repair. I should actually do that more often.... he ALWAYS pays when we go out.

I think tomorrow we're going to see the new Star Trek. Woo!

0 comments: