Saturday, May 23, 2009

I got my rabbit today! He seems a little frightened of my picking him up, and I have a lot of work to do with regards to potty training, but all in all, a positive experience. And if you think MY poop stories are gross, try a rabbit poop story on for size:

Rabbits produce two kinds of poop. One kind are called cecotropes, which the rabbits must eat again because they have a bacteria that rabbits need. This is according to my poop of the day calendar, which says this happens in the middle of the night so humans rarely witness it.

So I saw my rabbit licking himself this afternoon, and I think he's trying to clean some glands down there or his genitals, but then he takes his mouth away and starts chewing. Yes, he eats the poop directly from his own butt.

Talk about a pet with similar interests to mine! I mean... ewww, gross!

0 comments: