Sunday, May 24, 2009

I don't really feel like recounting my entire trip to AZ.... maybe in bits and pieces but one long thing just seems tiring. Maybe I'll be novel and actually just tell people when I hang out with them and ask. But, in summary: good times. Two especially nice things were 1) getting to know Brooke, Ryan's wife. I'd met her before and liked her, but never really talked in depth. I'm glad to know she enjoys my poo stories. Even to the point of requesting I tell them again to other people she knows.

2) Mike, who is Ryan's friend, and I've technically known even longer than Ryan, used to be an OK guy but has turned into a dick the last few years. Somehow, he's magically turned into a good guy! I hear the two reasons are 1) moving out of his friend's garage into a nicer place and 2) the biggest reason seems to be his new girlfriend. If this is true, this woman is a saint and I request that she immediately marry him. I mean, I did meet her, and she seems nice, but she must have some sort of "guy whisperer" skill.

Someday I'll have some pictures up and all that.

The other new thing is obv. the rabbit. I think he is going to be 007. He likes to run around the kitchen like mad, and then like freeze when he hears a noise that startles him. It's pretty funny. It does make him seem like he's performing an elaborate secret mission he doesn't want me to know about. Well, other than the mission I do know about, wanting to get onto the carpet to soil it and chewing all the most inappropriate objects (Screaming INAPPROPRIATE! at him in a British accent doesn't seem to stop it).

He is adorable despite being smelly (he himself isn't smelly but is basically a cute hoppy waste machine). I've sort of given up potty training for now... the site I was going by says you watch them like a hawk and make them go to the litter box when they're about to pee or poop, but I've stared at that rabbit's butt for hours at a time and still can't tell if he's pooping or not. I've literally said, "are you pooping?" to him enough times that he probably thinks it's his name. I figure I'll start again later when I'm more likely to have developed rabbit pooping senses and/or when he's older, cause I read young ones are a little harder to train.

I don't know what's in his pea brain re: chewing things though. I mean I know he has to chew things and that he's hardwired to do it. But I got him a bunch of toys and chew blocks and stuff, he's not that excited about it. But if it is plastic and could hurt him, he's all over that. Plus he seems to like chewing on my kitchen table and chairs. Which doesn't peeve me that much because I didn't want them in the first place and they were free, but I don't want him to make a habit of chewing on my furniture, and I definitely don't want him to target my cabinets next.

0 comments: