Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I don't really get people who don't like their birthdays. I get not wanting to get older, but that's going to happen regardless of whether or not you remember your birthday and tell people about it.

Anyway, I LOVE my birthday, I always have. I, like everyone else, have had the occasional crappy birthday, but for the most part: awesomeness!

So like I said before, work people were extremely nice to me. They made me little paper crafts, and got me a few little fun cheap gifts. I hadn't even expected anything!

Then, I hung out with my family. We went to red lobster and 3/4 of us did not get any sea animal to eat (my brother in law stayed home with Phew harder, so it was me, my dad, my sister, and the Phew). I picked red lobster because we had gone there in FL and I had this awesome chicken dish and wanted it again. Plus, delicious biscuits! The 'Phew literally had Kraft mac and cheese. Apparently Red Lobster has a deal with Kraft, which I found amusing. Then I got a buttload of giftcards to restaurants in my area of town that I had asked for, some music, books, games. I've tested out the games and so far Jambo is a win, but I'm not sure if I'm doing Blue Moon correctly. If I am, Blue Moon is pretty lame.

Then, I hung out with Josh. He gave me this awesome, "Wildcard, bitches!" shirt, which is a reference to Always Sunny in Philadelphia. He also gave me season 2 of the Sarah Silverman Program. He got me a book I asked for, and two games: Monopoly Deal (a card game sort of based on monopoly, but quicker to get through), and Scrabble Slam (a card game sort of based on Scrabble). Monopoly is a win, Scrabble is a lose. Perhaps scrabble would be better with a bigger group, but I don't know. We watched Sarah, played my games, and ate tasty food. Unfortunately, he got food poisoning or something from the tasty food. That or the 24 hour flu... poor guy was throwing up and had a fever. Happily, it went away very fast, so that was good.

Then there was a party with my crew! Lothar's birthday is close to mine, and he really loves pirates. I really love ninjas. Hence: the ninja pirate party! They got me this ninja gear, and pirate gear for him. Everyone dressed up as a pirate or ninja. Pat & D have pictures of dragons in their basement, and Julie went through and made little pirate hats or ninja headbands for all of them. Then, there were cupcakes iced so that they looked like a ninja with a mask on, and a carrot cake shaped like a pirate ship. We played the battlestar galactica game (we've never watched the show, but apparently someone played it with people who had, liked it, then acquired it) and watched some Monty Python. Lastly, but not leastly, they, too, got me a gift card for food and got me a stuffed pony that smells of beef. Yes, that's right, they searched all over town for a pony and finally found one in the dog toy section. He has a squeaker, too!

Then yesterday, Ryan called me for my birthday! He said he was sorry it was belated, but I said it worked better because I wasn't really doing anything at the time, whereas I was busy on my birthday. He agreed with the awesomeness of Ninja party and Wildcard shirt.

0 comments: