Monday, December 01, 2008

So today, my Dad and I were at Meineke (yeah, we've been hanging out a lot lately, I'm beginning to think of us as buddy cops) and I saw, I kid you not, a laminated Peoria Journal Star from when Kennedy was assasinated. It confused me a lot at first because I didn't realize it was old, and it said, "Chief is Slain." And forgive me for being racist, but I went right to, "What indian was it?" I know that the prez is our commander in chief, but who would put it that way? But then I saw a picture of LBJ under it saying something like, "Vice president reluctantly takes the reins." Don't you mean "vice chief," crappy writer from Peoria Journal Star from the 60's?

But that top half is just a digression. The bizarre bit is: why does an auto repair place have a newspaper from when JFK was assasinated up in their window right next to their disturbing cartoon version of George Foreman extolling the virtues of their shop? I asked my dad and he said he thought it was probably just decoration. But it's not a TGIF or a Chili's, man. They have no other historical memorabilia, and they didn't even have it up last time I was at Meineke. I dunno. The weird world makes me laugh.

0 comments: