Wednesday, December 10, 2008

So I'm kind of bummed, my supervisor got promoted and so is moving to California. So I'm happy for him, but sad for me and my teammates. The thing is, I'd be annoyed at anyone new anyway, because he sort of knows what I've been going through the last year and cuts me a little slack. Plus, he's very big on helping with career development, and I don't know if the new person would be. It sort of reminds me of the school bus when I was little... the old driver LOVED me and knew I was a good kid. She quit and we got a new one, some mean kids started something with me the first day, we got in trouble, and she had me pegged as a troublemaker for the rest of her tenure as bus driver, just because we got off to a bad start. Lastly, I'm tired of explaining my colitis every time I get a supervisor change. I wish it was just on my file somewhere.

Secondly, it's not even going to be one of the other supervisors around, necessarily (there is talk that it could end up being this one coordinator who subbed once when our supervisor was on vacation). It's going to be a person new to the job. So... they're going to be too busy actually learning the job to help with career development or anything, that's how I got off to a bad start in the first place (when I orig. started I had another person subbing who didn't know what she was doing and she was always too busy to give me advice). Also, new people tend to come down harder on employees, just cause they don't know where the line is yet and they want to show they can hack it.

I don't know... maybe I am just nervous. I have the best call handle time on the team, so I can't look that bad to a new sup? I'm just nervous because I don't think I have procedure 100%. Our supervisor sort of never actually did the job, so sometimes had things wrong or told us the wrong thing to do. Sometimes I caught it, but I don't know if I could catch it every time. Plus, a lot of supervisors have different things they like to focus on, I've had a couple of other people listen to my calls and look for totally different things than my supervisor used to look for.

0 comments: