Friday, December 26, 2008

The most memorable part of my christmas? Almost getting mowed down by my dad's car. The "almost" is what makes me think it's hilarious, rather than being angry about it.

But basically everything around here is still covered with ice from a storm we had a little while ago, including my sister's super-sloped driveway. I attempted to park on it, but couldn't get up on it all the way, and so parked across the street. My dad, however, had more persistance and after 3 times managed to get up far enough to park. Meanwhile, I make it across the street and am walking up the driveway. I can't even walk up the damn thing, I start sliding. My brother in law advises the other side is a little less slippery, so I start to walk behind my dad's car to get over there. Of course, that's when the car, even parked, can no longer stay on the driveway, and slides down the driveway and into the road. I got out of the way in time, his car didn't hit anything else either, but it was funny. That driveway was insane, though. My sister's little miniature snauzer started jumping on me and almost knocked me over because it was so tilted and slippery, I can't imagine how fun it would be to have a huge car knock me over and try to slide over me. But, like I said, more funny than scary in general.

So we ate good food, I got frustrated at my nephew not following the rules at games, watched some movies, opened gifts.

I got: a tree planted in my name in one of our national forests, giftcards to Meijer, Noodles, & potbelly, mounds of chocolate, one of those reed air freshner thingys, 7th season scrubs & a couple excercise DVDs, a couple of books, a cd.

0 comments: