Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I guess it's the antidepressants or whatever, but work had been feeling better for a long time. Yeah, I got the occaisonal asshole, but I was able to shrug it off. Anyway, this is me working up to the fact that today I felt like I was being shat on constantly, like at least half the people who called me today were jerks. I really get tired of people who make me repeat things over and over because they don't want to believe my orig. answer, and then act like I'm the useless one just because I am not magic and don't have the capabilities to meet their impossible expectations. Anyway, I'm not about to shuffle off into a depression spiral again or anything, I was just good and ready to leave for the day like half an hour into my shift.

I am still kind of freaked out by deciding what I should do with myself... I thought maybe since work has been better lately I should stick it out until I can get promoted to something I want to do rather than just applying for everything there is. But I am pretty sure it's impossible to get promoted anywhere worthwhile at this point. It seems like the only way to get anywhere is by spending years of unpleasantness in the auto claims dept, which I can't get into anyway. I often wonder where I went wrong, to end up in this position where I don't enjoy what I do, there's no way to get promoted, and quitting would only screw me worse. But again... I'm not completely depressed, I don't dwell on this. I just think about it sometimes. It's good to have any job with this economy, and I do respect the actual company and my direct leadership.

I'm pretty happy that it's Christmas time, that is one nice thing about not working in retail anymore, I can actually enjoy it again. I loved hanging out with Josh and exchanging presents, and have Weds & Thurs this week to look forward to doing the same with my family.

0 comments: