Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Bleh. I really, really need to get into the habit of cleaning up after myself again. When I was in the depths of depression I really let it slide, but now that I'm not, it just seems to never actually happen. Now part of it is I've been crunched for time, as I seem to sleep a lot more lately, but I've had all day, and have really gotten not much done but the dishes (admittedly - 3 loads, with about half a load left). Part of it is I did have to do some Christmas shopping (It is really, really hard to shop for my nephews since they already have 12 of everything) and grocery shopping. And when I got home I was tired from shopping and hauling everything up my stairs.

I guess the big problem is that I've always been someone who cleans more when they have company, and I just haven't lately, except for Josh, who is super nice and always tells me he doesn't mind if my place is dirty. So I let it build up and build up until it's a monumental chore and I just don't feel like doing it. For instance: I'm probably only even cleaning now (though it severely needs done) because Josh is visiting soon, and however nice he is, I don't want it to be a TOTAL filth-hole when he arrives. And when was the last time I cleaned? 3 weeks ago when Josh visited me. I really need to get more done gradually instead of trying to do it all at once at the 11th hour, or fucking learn to put things in the trash or away immediately after I am done with them. On the bright side, I am almost done with Christmas shopping, all I have left is my sister and her husband and they both have wishlists on Amazon.

0 comments: