Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I got my teapot the other day, it is super cool! I like how I can now make several cups at once, and if I want I can keep them warm until I drink them, instead of having to make a cup every time I want one. It is also better than the things I had to make it cup by cup because the infuser is finer so no grit (yay).

Dunno if it's just a fad or anything, but I've basically gotten into loose leaf tea because green & white tea supposedly have a lot of immune system & anti cancer benefits, and those are diminished if you don't have it loose leaf. Also, the cool part about loose leaf tea is, since I don't really love the flavor of the actual tea, I can pop in however much herbal tea I want with it to make it taste better. (For non tea nerds--herbal tea, despite the name, is not tea. Real tea comes from tea plants. Herbal tea is most other plants that taste good when you crunch them up and pour hot water on them. So basically peppermint, spearmint, anything fruity, chamomile--though chamomile is disgusting, the others are delightful). And a lot of the loose leaf herbal tea I've been getting tastes really good and more intense than bag tea and all that.

Despite some digestive issues, I've actually had a decent week. There were some people who are in training to be agents who visited our office the other day, and the guy who sat and watched me was amazed at all the great things we do and very complimentary about it. It's sort of nice to get that for a change. And I had my yearly evaluation the other day, and it sounds like I did well. I don't get the accompanying raise or bonus (or even know what they are) until Feb, but it gives me something to look forward to.

Today was sort of weird--I started crying again for no real reason. That was definitely not the highlight of my day. But it went away again and I had a fairly decent day otherwise. Saw the doctor and got the happy pills, they say I should know within a week whether they are doing anything, but I won't see the full effects for a month.

0 comments: