Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Ugh

Got the blood taken today. The lady was pretty good, got it in one try.

My follow up appointment? Nov 12th. What the fuck, man? I feel like I'm going crazy and will finally crack at any second. And the soonest I can see someone is Nov 12th? When I scheduled the 1st appt. with Dr. Crow they got me in in less than a week, but now I have to wait over 2 for a follow up?

They orig. wanted me to wait till the 22nd to see Kaminski, who is nominally "my doctor." But I haven't seen her since '05 and I don't like her anyway. I complained until they finally scheduled me with Dr. Vales, who actually was my doctor back when I was a little kid (he left for an HMO years ago and then came back, I guess). I still hate waiting, but at least I have confidence in this guy. 1) my mom LOVED him, and she normally hates doctors. He was like the only doctor out of a gazillion doctors who knew what was going on with this lung problem my sister had when she was little. 2) As far as I remember him, he actually knows his shit and is NICE, unlike most of the doctors I see who seem to hate life and their patients. Unless he was just nice to me because I was a kid, or the last 15 years has made him as bitter as the rest of them. I'm thinking of asking him to change me to being his patient when I'm there, unless his load is too full.

PS it is also getting to be that wonderful time of year when the skin from my lips is constantly disgustingly molting as if I am a snake or bird.

0 comments: